One of the great advantages of the modern age is that we can access information on computers stored around the world. That’s the beauty of the Web, the Cloud, and even email and online gaming and shopping. It also means that you don’t always have to bring your computer into our Estero computer repair shop or have a technician make an on-site visit. Much of the time, if you give us permission, we can simply log in from our repair center, diagnose, and repair the problem right away. That saves you time, getting you up and running again faster. It also keeps our costs down, allowing us to pass those savings on to you.
How does it work, and is it safe?
You will need to give us permission to access your computer remotely. We cannot access your computer without your knowledge and agreement. We can then log in over the internet and use your computer as if we were there. You will be able to see in the screen everything we do: the only difference is that we can control your mouse and keyboard. You can take back control at any time.
Remote support is ideal in the following circumstances:
- You’re on holiday or business and you have a problem that needs immediate attention.
- It’s inconvenient to bring the computer to us.
- You need a fix or a diagnosis right away and you can’t wait for a technician to visit.
What can be done remotely?
All regular maintenance tasks can be done remotely, including:
- Virus and malware removal
- Disk defragmentation
- Software and driver updates or installation
- Removal of unwanted files and programs
- Cache cleaning
- Registry checking
We can usually fix problems like printer access, depending on the specific problem and the type of printer.
Remote access doesn’t work all the time
We will need physical access to the machine in some circumstances.
- Obviously, if there is a hardware failure and parts need replacing, we need to be able to open it up.
- If the computer won’t start up or you can’t get online, then our remote diagnostic tools won’t work. We may be able to talk you through by telephone and get the computer into a state where we can access it remotely, but that can sometimes get complicated, and it may be safer to bring it in to us or call us out to do on-site repairs.
- If you need to install something using a disk, we would need you to be physically present to insert and remove the disk as required.
Help whenever and wherever you need it
If, like many of our customers, you’re a seasonal resident of South Florida, you’ll be reassured to know that when you return home, you can still count on us. Call or email us any time, and you can be assured of the high standard of PRR service you’ve come to expect. If your computer needs personal attention and can’t be fixed remotely, we’ll be happy to recommend a local repair shop.
If you’re local, then call before you bring the computer in. Tell us what the problem is, and we’ll see what we can do. Many times, we can fix the problem in less time than it will take you to drive to our shop.
Or, for maximum peace of mind, talk to us about a remote maintenance and service contract. We’ll carry out all your regular maintenance remotely on an agreed schedule, and monitor your computer continually for signs of malware or viruses. As soon as we detect a potential problem, we’ll alert you. Better still, if you’ve given us permission, we’ll just fix it immediately, and you won’t have to worry about a thing. For home or business, it’s the ideal way to ensure that your computer is always in peak condition.